The recommended wireless network for all faculty, staff, and students is eduroam, which is a secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community.
If you are at a participating eduroam institution, but have never logged into eduroam while on your home University of Nebraska Campus, you will need to Download the eduroam configuration profile.
How to connect your computers and mobile devices to the University of Nebraska eduroam network.
To register for wireless service on campus, and access most online services, you’ll need to know your Campus Identity.
Don’t know your Campus Identity? Go to a lab or other computer that’s already connected and visit https://trueyou.nebraska.edu to claim your identity.
- Never share your password
- Use a password of at least eight characters and try using a pass phrase
- Change your password often
- Don’t use the same password on multiple sites
- Treat your password like your credit card number - identity theft is real
On your device, navigate to the area where you can view all WiFi networks that are in range.
- Select eduroam from the list of available networks.
Your device will now prompt you to log in to the network. Use your Campus Identity to authenticate.
Note: Your username must include the campus domain. Example: email@example.com (@unk.edu, @unl.edu, @unmc.edu, @unomaha.edu).
- Accept the eduroam certificate and authenticate your device, if prompted.
If your device does not have a web browser it is an "Internet of Things"(IoT) device. Also referred to as "Smart Devices" TV's, doorbell's, game console's, smart assistants and other equipment have all started to have one thing in common - the ability to connect to the internet. These devices sometimes but not always have a built in web browser.
It is important for the University to provide IoT access and address security concerns as much as possible. This is one of the reasons why we have created NU-Connect.
Connecting your IoT devices
Once you have connected your non-Iot device (laptop, desktop, MacBook etc.) to eduroam, you will then have the ability to register your IoT devices (Game-boxes, Smart TV's etc.), so they can use NU-Connect for their wireless connection.
- From a different device, connect to NU-Connect and open a web browser. The web browser will redirect you to a webpage where you can select IoT Enrollment. This is used to register IoT devices so they can connect wirelessly to NU-Connect.
- Find the MAC address for your device and enter it on the page after logging in.
- Shortly after your MAC address has been registered, you should be able to connect wirelessly to the NU-Connect SSID for internet access on campus.
Click here if your device is requesting additional setup information.