The University of Nebraska System has decided to move forward with full implementation of YuJa as our video content management solution replacement of VidGrid. VidGrid will remain available for use through the Spring 2023 semester.
YuJa is an all-in-one video experience to securely create, manage, discover, and collaborate video content across any device.
For a period of time, both YuJa and VidGrid are available for use.
- YuJa is currently available for users
- VidGrid will remain available for use through the Spring 2023 semester
Benefits of YuJa
Pilot participants provided the following benefits of using YuJa:
- All videos created or uploaded by faculty/staff are automatically machine captioned at 90-95% accuracy.
- Multiple viewing options for students
- Ability to create recording profiles to streamline the set up process in prep for recording
- Ability to splice videos together
- No restrictions on size of videos/files being uploaded
- Robust video editing capabilities
- Multiple video source recording
- Ability to embed engagement content directly into YouTube videos
- Ability to insert/replace PPT slide
- Variety of screen capture options
- Desktop application and browser recording functions
- Additional question type options and question branching capabilities
- Robust analytics
Professional captioning is expected to be available in early Fall 2022. New users are encouraged to begin using YuJa. However, since professional captioning is not yet available for YuJa, continued use of VidGrid should be considered if 99%+ captioning accuracy is currently needed in your class. We will provide updates as work progresses to make professional/human captioning available. YuJa automatically provides machine captioning to 90-95%+ accuracy for all instructor-owned videos.
Canvas is the preferred access method for faculty and students
- YuJa is enabled in your Canvas courses. To disable YuJa in your Canvas course, go to Settings > Navigation > Disable YuJa
- This method provides the most robust reporting and analytics
- YuJa will need to be enabled by your instructor in your Canvas course
- If you wish to use YuJa, go to your campus portal
You can also access YuJa through your campus direct portal
Planning is currently underway for migrating data from VidGrid to YuJa. This migration will happen no sooner than November 2022. Updates will be shared when plans are finalized.