The Rick Fredericks collaboration awards were awarded at a December all-staff meeting. The leadership award and project team were recognized after hearing from Rick Fredericks discuss collaboration and how far the Information Technology Services has come over the past year. The follow are the award winners as well as those nominated in each category.
Rick Fredericks Award for Outstanding Leadership in a Collaborative Effort
- Jay Killion - for work as project manager on many cross-campus efforts, within and external to ITS, highlights of which include the ITS Website, University WAN, Common Wireless, Concur, UNK VOIP, Print Services BRT, Courseleaf, ITS Budget Initiative, and SAP Fuzion.
- Cheryl O'Dell - for work in cross-campus cyber-security awareness and engagement with the Cybersecurity Escape Room while working on 15+ critical security incidents.
- Colleen Huls - for work in promoting cross-campus HR practices around onboarding and exit interviews and building a positive ITS culture.
- Marcia Dority Baker - for work in cross-campus promotion of diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workforce and co-leading the Women Advance IT conference.
Rick Fredericks Award for Outstanding Collaborative Project
University Wide Area Network
Greg Gray, Kaleb Kreft, Kent Eitzmann, Matt Long, James Harr, Walt Aude, Erik Schmersal, Ben Sharp, and Jay Killion
- EMS - One of the goals of OneIT is to maximize the purchasing power by consolidating contracts and utilizing common systems. UNL, and UNO utilized a product called EMS for event scheduling. CSC, UNL, and UNO used R25/S25 for academic scheduling which was being sunset. The University was able to license the EMS scheduling solution for all of the Universities and State Colleges for both academic scheduling/optimization and event scheduling under one contract. The University is also able to recognize financial savings as well as staff and hardware efficiencies with the shared multi-tenant implementations. This effort took collaboration from across ITS and our campus partners to be successful!
- University Wide Area Network - Implementation of a new intercampus network designed to scale to meet the needs of the University into the future, including 100G connectivity, and financial savings through shared Internet connectivity.
- ITS Email Consolidation - Migration of ITS staff from campus Office 365 tenants to the nebraska.edu Office 365 tenant, resolving barriers to staff productivity and providing a common brand for ITS.
- VidGrid - Cross-campus contract for video content management service with automated captioning to meet ADA compliance requirements integrated with Canvas. This cross-campus contract was one of the first large contracts to go through NU ITS procurement, security, and accessibility teams to meet all ITS requirements.
- Concur - University-wide deployment of Concur as a travel management platform, improving the ability for booking, expenses, and approvals.
As a reminder, the University of Nebraska Information Technology Services Award was presented in September to JR Noble.