The NU Board of Regents approved entering into a three-year enterprise agreement for hardware maintenance and software subscriptions for Palo Alto security appliances.
The University of Nebraska started investing in Palo Alto firewall technologies in late 2014. Today, OneIT, UNMC and their healthcare partner Nebraska Medicine, are all using Palo Alto appliances based on individual agreements and through multiple partners/resellers.
This enterprise agreement gives the University the opportunity to standardize its security profile on a common technology solution. Palo Alto is considered a market leader in this area as identified by Gartner.
This agreement allows for additional hardware purchases by NU campuses over the term of the agreement with no additional maintenance or software subscription costs. It also allows for:
- Consolidation of a standard firewall solution
- Improves overall information security
- Delivers immediate and future cost savings
- Provides efficiencies for training and support
- Allows us to leverage our overall spending with the manufacturer and their identified partner
The three-year cost represents a $340,000 savings over the prior licensing model.