If you don’t find a solution here, contact your campus Help Desk.
COVID-19 UPDATE: NU is open; faculty/staff are working remotely if possible; campuses will be open for in-person learning this fall.MORE INFO
How do I connect to the Wi-Fi network?
Students, Faculty and Staff
- For computers, tablets, and smartphones:
- If your device already has internet connectivity and you are on campus, use the Wireless Network Configuration Utility to configure your device for eduroam automatically.
- If your device does not have internet connectivity, connect to NU-Guest. The login portal will automatically open; click on “Click Here for eduroam wireless connectivity” to open the wireless network configuration utility. If the login page does not open automatically, use this link to open the Wireless Network Configuration Utility.
- For other IoT devices such as gaming consoles or printers:
- While on a campus network, open the IoT Registration portal to register an IoT device. After registration is complete, connect the device to NU-IoT, using the unique password you receive for each registered device.
Parents, Guests, and Visitors
- Connect to NU-Guest. The login portal will automatically open; click on “Create Account” to request a temporary guest account.
- Your guest account will be allowed 14 days of internet access, after which you will need to request a new guest password.
Where can I connect to the Wi-Fi network?
The University of Nebraska offers robust Wi-Fi coverage at all campuses and most research and extension centers throughout the state. Wi-Fi is also available in some outdoor locations on the Kearney, Lincoln, and Omaha campuses.
What if my device is not connecting to the network?
If you experience issues connecting a device to the University network, wired or wireless, contact the local campus Help Desk.
I changed the password on my Campus Identity and I lost network access. What should I do?
eduroam Wireless & Wired Connections
If you changed your password, your device would need to be re-authenticated to the network. The simplest way to complete this step is to use the Wireless Network Configuration Utility for eduroam wireless or the Wired Network Configuration Utility for a wired connection.
If you forgot or misplaced your wireless password for an IoT device, reset your device’s password by following the Manage Device instructions available on the IoT Registration page or contact your campus Help Desk.
What are the technical requirements to connect to eduroam?
eduroam is a secure Wi-Fi network providing modern encryption and authentication requirements. To connect your device, it must support the following:
- WPA2-Enterprise (Wi-Fi Protected Access) using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard)
- WPA2-Personal is not equivalent to WPA2-Enterprise
- EAP (Extensible Authentication Protocol) methods PEAP/MSCHAPv2 (uses a username+password) or EAP-TLS (uses a certificate)
- Support for 802.11ac or 802.11n
- The 5GHz frequency band is preferred, though 2.4GHz is supported as well.
Help Desk Contact Information