eduroam is the primary wireless network for University of Nebraska students, faculty, and staff. An active Campus Identity or an identity from a participating eduroam institution is required to access eduroam.
Don’t know your Campus Identity?
Use your smartphone or another computer with internet access and visit https://trueyou.nebraska.edu to manage your identity.
Manual Setup Procedure
On your device, navigate to the area where you can view all Wi-Fi networks that are in range and select eduroam from the list of available networks.
Use the following settings to configure your device. Not all settings may be required to connect your device to eduroam. If you have any questions, please contact your campus Help Desk.
- Security: 802.1x EAP
- EAP Method: PEAP
- Phase-2 Authentication: MSCHAPV2
- Proxy Settings: none
- IP Settings: DHCP
- CA Certificate: Unspecified or Do Not Validate
- Domain: Your campus Domain: nebraska.edu
- Identity: Your Campus Identity. Example: email@example.com (@unk.edu, @unl.edu, @unmc.edu, @unomaha.edu)
- Anonymous Identity: not needed, leave blank
- Password: Your standard Campus login password (same as Canvas, OneDrive, etc.)
If you previously connected to NU-Guest, remove or ‘forget’ that SSID from your list of preferred networks.
If your device uses a private address, also known as Media Access Control (MAC) Randomization, you may need to re-authenticate to the network each time the device connects. To maintain a constant connection, disable this feature for eduroam. Information about managing private addressing on Apple devices is available from Apple.