NU Connect is the University of Nebraska’s system-wide registration and course delivery platform for online non-credit and professional development offerings. NU Connect uses Canvas Catalog, an Instructure product.
Who is NU Connect for?
Anyone looking for skill attainment, professional education, and/or personal interest courses outside the traditional for-credit university structure.
What are the benefits of NU Connect?
NU Connect is an easy, cost efficient way to reach interest groups and organizations. It offers a single delivery platform for non-credit programming from all four campuses of the University of Nebraska system. NU Connect provides users with a searchable course index, course descriptions, registration, payment, and consistent participant experience. A robust portfolio of non-credit offerings serves to strengthen NU’s responsiveness to workforce needs of the state and beyond.
How to Enroll (Step-by-step guide with Screenshots)
New Users – How do I enroll in a NU Connect Course?
- You can enroll in a course by viewing the details of the course listing and clicking on ENROLL. If you enroll in a course that requires payment, payment is required as part of the enrollment process.
- When you have completed your course enrollment, a confirmation email will be sent to you to complete the registration process. At this time, you will create a password for your Connect account. Each time you login to connect.nebraska.edu you will use these credentials.
- You can view and begin the course in your Catalog Dashboard.
Existing Users – How do sign in to a NU Connect Course?
- Go to connect.nebraska.edu and tap on LOGIN
- Enter your Connect email address and password that you setup at time of enrollment.
How do I get help with registration or other questions?
Contact 402.472.3970 by phone or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Faculty & Staff
What does it cost my program to offer a course through NU Connect?
NU Connect is a self-sustaining operation. FY21 cost per enrollment is $5.00. This fee supports the necessary software, technical and administrative/finance infrastructure. This enrollment fee can be passed on to registrants, paid by a college or program, or through external grant funding if applicable. Resource needs and costs are evaluated annually and could result in a decrease or increase as needed.
What can I charge per course?
NU Connect is a self-sustaining operation. The NU Connect Platform Administrative Fee for Fiscal Year 2021 is $5.00 per enrollment. This fee supports the necessary software, technical and administrative/finance infrastructure. This enrollment fee can be passed on to registrants, paid by a college or program, or through external grant funding if applicable. Resource needs and costs are evaluated annually and could result in a decrease or increase as needed. Campuses may have additional fees associated with non-credit courses delivered through NU Connect. Please contact your campus liaison for additional information.
Steps to offering a course through NU Connect
- Identify a department or university unit to sponsor your course. The sponsoring entity is responsible for listing the course and identifying the revenue source when applicable. The sponsoring entity (typically department chair or director) must approve any NU Connect courses. The sponsoring entity is also responsible for identifying a cost object where fees are withdrawn and/or revenues deposited.
- Fill out the course proposal form, which will be routed for approvals and information sharing.
- NU Connect Non-credit Course Request Form-UNCA
- NU Connect Non-credit Course Request Form-UNK
- NU Connect Non-credit Course Request Form-UNL
- NU Connect Non-credit Course Request Form-UNMC
- NU Connect Non-credit Course Request Form-UNO
- Once approved, a shell for your course is created for you in Canvas. Develop your course, making sure to adhere to required guidelines for accessibility and effective course design. A templateis available for your reference
- The NU Connect team will list your course in the NU Connect catalog. The course can be published to the general public or by invitation only.
For more information about getting started in NU Connect, contact your campus/unit NU Connect primary contact:
University of Nebraska at Kearney
Alyssa Wyant, Interim Director of eCampus
University of Nebraska - Lincoln
Renee Batman, Assistant Vice Chancellor & Chief Administrative Officer
University of Nebraska at Omaha
Jaci Lindburg, Director of Digital Learning
University of Nebraska Medical Center
Analisa McMillian, Director, Educational Design and Development
University of Nebraska Central Administration
Michael Jolley, Assistant Director, University of Nebraska Online